Wednesday, December 22, 2004


Just imagine - 24 timeless standards, including the classic "Carol Of Intimacy":
"Leave me alone! Please go away!
I'm doing fine! Just get away!
"Leave me alone! Please go away!
I'm doing fine! Just get away!
"Leave me alone! Please go away!
I'm doing fine! Just get away!"

"DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY CHRISTMAS - $19.95 - 1-800-GET-HELP"
The Carol of the Bells is one of my favorites. But I find myself singing these words (albeit under my breath) around the 22nd of December. Life is marvelous...but I need a little more ‘wiggle’ time. And sleep time. I woke up at three in the morning and realized that I could smell the newly trimmed Christmas tree. This tree is the biggest, best, most beautiful ever. I say that every year. But this time it is true. The big part is objective; an actual fact. It looked big on the lot, but when the limbs relaxed in the house is got bigger. There is now room in the living room for any two family members and a dog or two.

Oh, well, time for work. Will finish decorating the tree tonight. (ran out of energy before we got to the hundred pieces of tinsel and the Victorian reproduction cardboard ornaments.) Today the challenge is to answer the phone at work (90% of the calls are Christmas Eve Mass time questions) cheerfully....with no hint of “Leave me alone! Please go away!”

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter