Monday, November 22, 2004

Are you ready, kids?


Mom’s brought you out for an afternoon with your favorite animated sponge. She sprung for candy, popcorn, Coke. So why don’t you save up your pennies and get her a nice bottle of Chanel No. 5 for Christmas.

But seriously, I had been looking forward to seeing the new Chanel ad that would be in limited theatrical release. I always get a kick out of the Chanel ads that hit the TV during the pre-Christmas shopping time. They have a certain sophistacted je ne sais quoi that has no resemblance to my reality. (Except for bringing back memories of my mother, who actually wore Chanel No. 5. In fact, I may have given her a bottle or two. The price was within the reach of a child of limited means. No more. Thinking I was no mature enough for Chanel, I once wandered into Ulta - looking extremely out of place - to price this fine fragrance. $90 a bottle for eau de toilette!?! So I continued on to PetsMart to buy crickets for the frog. ) But do the children waiting for SpongeBob Squarepants really want to see a Nicole Kidman mini-movie? I think not. The audience was polite nonetheless.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter