Monday, September 06, 2004

Gearing Up!

Getting ready to start school tomorrow. I didn’t have to buy a lot of new curricula this fall since we didn’t finish everything from last year. I did spring for this ....

and a few other Latin treats including one item so cute that we are saving it to be a Christmas gift for pater.
I don’t obsess about finishing everything...heck we never did when I was in school. There were tons of unfinished workbooks. And then there were the books that we hustled at double-speed to finish during May. I have moments when I wonder if purgatory will include a stack of spellers, math workbooks and science lab guides to be completed.

But one of the good things about homeschooling is that we don’t have to drop what we are doing to move on to the next level just because the calendar says so. So we will complete Ancient Greece. Before we move on to Ancient Egypt. Sometime before Christmas. (Did I mention that we are doing our history curriculum backwards?)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter