Friday, September 03, 2004

Are we talking about the same movie?

Mel Gibson's ''The Passion of the Christ,'' just out on DVD, has caused many valid reactions: religious inspiration, charges of anti-Semitism, nausea at the violence (and horror that the movie is shown to children) and boredom at the repetitiveness of the action and lack of story.

But one thing is certain about the new DVD edition of the story of Jesus' crucifixion: It's a disappointment. With a $30 list price, it contains nothing but the movie and its trailer.

Target has it for $15. I don’t want all the ‘extras.’ I don’t think I really watch many of the extras on the DVDs that we have - I’m just appreciative when I have time to watch a movie.
Lack of story? What the heck does he mean by that?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter