Friday, September 10, 2004

And we’re back...

What a fabulous day. The weather was perfect. It was amazing to see so many homeschoolers and the diversity of the crowd. There were the families with matching shirts. And the families in which all the girls wore long skirts. The families in which all the boys wore matching yarmulkes. The T-shirts with bible verses. The souvenir T-shirts from Sturgis. Martha decided she didn’t need to make a “ Just Visiting -I’m no longer homeschooled.”shirt when she saw other kids with unnaturally colored hair and multiple piercings. Good opportunity to kid her that she is unique - just like everyone else!
Despite the good attendance, the ride lines weren’t bad at all. And we finished the day with an Imax movie on speed, both mechanical and bodily. Eddie found the size of the theater a little dizzying (he’s his mother’s son) but liked it a lot once the show started.
Just a great day. And my hip is doing OK, too. I’ve assigned Chuck the task of designing a family shirt for next year....

Hope we're not in too deep at the high school. Last night was parents' night. [Missed it last year, too. Rick may have gone, but I know I was working. Had to go to Martha's IEP meeting later in the year just so "they'll believe I have a mother."] I had to rest my hip so I could be functional today and Rick was supposed to speak at the parents' night at a local Catholic school where he and the boys have been helping to upgrade the computer lab. The way I figure it, parents' night at Lake Forest High is so overrun with anxious, go-getter parents wanting to make contact with all teachers, that we may just have been appreciated for our absence. We care. They know we care. I'll make a laminated card with our pictures. Martha can show it to her teachers to show we really exist. And care.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter