Thursday, August 05, 2004


Presence of white butterflies signals the start of infestation.

And while we were admiring the convolvulus, I noticed some dainty white butterflies flitting among the ornamental kale. Eeeek. Time to whip out the chemicals. Pyrethrins are potent neuro-toxins for the little green worms that destroy the lovely ornamental cabbages. (I’m sure I mentioned that I solved this problem several years ago by misting the garden with RID furniture spray that I had purchased in a paranoid panic when I found out that the neighbor girls had an intractable case of cooties. I never needed it, but was too cheap to toss it. It came in very handy. You should have seen those little worms writhe.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter