Thursday, August 05, 2004

Achtung Baby!

or

"SOY SAUCE! SOY SAUCE! SHE'S COVERED MY PARIS GOWN IN SOY SAUCE!!

Embot’s beloved Edward told me that heretofore unsalvageable CD’s can be redeemed by gently massaging - in an eliptical motion - with Brasso metal polish. I finally remembered to purchase some Brasso (not actually owning any, since I polish all my copper with a homeade concoction of generic catsup and kosher salt) and decided to try it on a hopeless copy of U2’s Achtung Baby. As I started, while the potent fumes tickled my nostrils, I had visions of Mary Tyler Moore’s character in Thoroughly Modern Millie believing the evil Mrs. Meers explanation of soy sauce as a stain remover. What if this was some big joke? But no, Edward C. would not steer me wrong. It worked. It really worked. I wonder if the Brasso people know about this ‘off label’ use of their product....

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter