Sunday, May 02, 2004

Nom de plume du jour:
Francisella Tularensis
I started feeling unwell before the orphaned rabbit came into our lives. Despite the prognostications of some of my co-workers, the bunny is doing well. I think I’ll be OK, too.

For those of you who may care:
A - Tularemia [aka rabbit fever], characterized by intermittent fever and swelling of the lymph nodes, is relatively rare in Illinois.

B - The bunny is eating well, developing a strong suck (over 2cc’s of formula at the last feeding) and is manifesting a good spontaneous urine output. The urine thing is where I draw the line......Fran said that these tiny animals sometimes need to have their bladders massaged. I guess that’s something their mothers will instinctively do. Not this mama.

I’m sorry your mother was killed by a jackhammer in an unfortunate sidewalk excavation. I’m sorry you came so close to being volunteered as snake food by a vet tech. I’ll let you sleep in a nice trendy colored Rubbermaid box, wrapped up in one of my favorite 3M cleaning cloths. I’ll help to keep you safe from prying fingers and canines. I’ll buy you some small mammal formula. But please don’t expect me to massage your bladder.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter