Sunday, May 02, 2004

Modified May Altar this year....

This year I am making a modified May Altar in the family room because we still have to do a little furniture moving to finish the trim in the living room. I am somewhat disappointed. But there are some family members who are not doing such a good job at suppressing their relief that our 44” statue of Our Lady of Grace is not being placed in a position of prominence in the living room. I have come to accept this attitude. For one thing, the May Altar is a relatively new practice in our family. And I don’t think they know one single other family that has ever had a May Altar. So for the bigger kids, it is somewhat strange. I’m sure in 15 or 20 years, everyone will accept it as SOP.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter