Tuesday, April 20, 2004

A Hopefilled Moment....
We were on our way to the high school yesterday when I realized that I had forgotten my book bag. As I was going to spend an hour or two sitting with a friend’s elderly mother I wanted to have my spiritual reading (OK, and maybe the latest Vanity Fair, too) ready in case nap time should come perilously close to nap time for me, too. Martha said, “I’ll lend you something. I have A Confederacy of Dunces in my backpack”

The mere realization that she had taken my suggestion after a long book chat last week left me so amazed that I almost drove off the road. (Not safe at all....even though there were only chickens present.) I wouldn’t dream of borrowing it.....wouldn’t want to interrupt the flow.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter