Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Girly Tools
As our children grow up there comes each year a wistful moment when I yearn for the days when the bulk of my Christmas shopping could be done in one marathon trip to Toys-R-Us. Older progeny with diverse interests makes gift giving much more challenging. (Not to mention that old tight budget problem. Although that keeps me creative. If I had money there would be the temptation to purchase a ton of gift cards and distribute them on Christmas morning with a cheerful, “Knock yourselves out.”)

Today I saw an ad featuring some sort of home maintenance maven. (I’ll take her word for it, since I spend very little time watching home maintenance shows or maintaining my home.) She is plugging a lovely set of tools made especially for women. Lovely. I may look into these for Fran, who has shown herself to be a a real take things into her own hands type of young woman. Of course, she might make good on her threat ‘plan’ to construct a wall to her own liking to define her bedroom....(OK, so all that defines the parameters of her room is a curtain. It’s a high-class curtain. I made it out of Martha Stewart sheets, deeply discounted, from K-Mart. Not a bad job since I don’t really know what I’m doing.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter