Thursday, October 30, 2003

Read Fr. Bryce Sibley on: Being charitable is not being "nice."
Sometimes charity is as soothing as a mother’s kiss. Other times it is as painful and necessary as a root canal. The most basic example I use with my children is when we walk in public with toilet paper stuck to our shoe. It is dangerous, embarrassing and in need of attention. When I see someone dragging a yard of toilet paper I know that the initial knowledge will most likely not be well received. But is it more charitable to look at them as though everything is OK and let the unpleasant act of charity fall to someone with more courage?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter