Thursday, September 18, 2003

Mrs. von Huben, your brain is ready....
My recent order from the Delta Math and Science catalog arrived yesterday afternoon. Along with some things we needed, I had this little impulse purchase. I thought it would be fun.....and educational. A life size model of the human brain. (Don’t bother asking, “Is it a working model?” That was the first thing my husband said when he saw it. Then he asked, “Why?”) It is more detailed and the various parts of the brain are much more identifiable than with the tiny brain that pops out of our 18” anatomy model.

I may have to keep it in protective custody. I see potential for abuse/pranks/etc. in the coming weeks....culminating with Halloween.

When our homeschooling days are over, I may put it on a shelf - somewhere between the gator head and the mock-Fowler phrenology head.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter