Friday, September 05, 2003

Jim Doyle is the governor of Wisconsin.
Not that guy from Charlie’s Angels. I hope my sister will excuse for sounding confused when she said that she spent Wednesday morning with Jim Doyle. After the confusion passed, all I could say was that I thought he had passed away some years ago.

At a ceremonial bill signing in Hudson, Governor Jim Doyle signed legislation that returns first-time possession or attempted possession of methamphetamine to a felony offense. He gave my sister a ceremonial pen. A pen for which she thanked him while making a wry comment about how every pen is appreciated in an office that is so strapped for supplies. I wish I had that kind of charm.

As for me, I spent Wednesday morning sorting papers, supervising lunch hours and helping little guys avoid bees on the playground. And my big thrill for the day was the arrival of a bunch of our books for our homeschool. (We need an extra civics lesson for the week: “Who is the governor of our neighbor to the north? Anyone? Anyone?)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter