Friday, August 29, 2003

Friday Five

1. Are you going to school this year? Well, sort of....I am a second grade teacher’s aide and principal/teacher/cheer-leader for our own little homeschool.

2. If yes, where are you going (high school, college, etc.)? If no, when did you graduate?Officially: May 1978, Barat College, Lake Forest, IL.

3. What are/were your favorite school subjects?Art, English (esp. literature) and gym.

4. What are/were your least favorite school subjects? In high school, honors physics (How I even got in the class is a mystery. I was put in on an advanced ‘track’ in 6th grade and found it virtually impossible to derail myself. So I was a high school junior in honors physics. The best lesson I learned was that there are some subjects you can’t b.s. your way through. Physics has laws and if you don’t bother to learn them no amount of fancy footwork on an essay test will save you.) In college, Reformation Era Thinkers. 4 hours every Thursday night. When all my friends were headed out to the bars...

5. Have you ever had a favorite teacher? Why was he/she a favorite? Mrs. Cramer - fifth grade. She was just one cool lady and a great teacher. Strange coincidence: Mrs. Cramer was a Barat grad, too. I didn’t find that out until I was a freshman.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter