Thursday, May 22, 2003

THIS could be one of my children.
But I doubt it.
I have my own problems with geography. I suppose I’m better than the average doofus that you see on ‘Jaywalking.’ Here I must confess that I was in Kansas CIty (ever so briefly - to change planes and hook up with my sister on our way to New Orleans.) two years ago and I still haven’t figured if I was Missouri or Kansas. It didn’t even cross my mind until I was on the plane out and I asked my sister (Ms. hyper-educated lawyer), “Are we in Kansas or Missouri?” She didn’t know. Shame kept us from asking anyone. I was tempted to ask on the return trip, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I should have ambled into a gift shop and looked at the address on a receipt. Or found Travelers’ Aid.

Several weeks ago I ‘confessed’ this to a transitional deacon (from Kansas) who has been doing deacon things at our parish in preparation for his ordination at the end of May. He was kind. Didn’t laugh. From the description of the airport, he thinks we were in Missouri.

James Williams, a home-schooled 14-year-old from Vancouver, Wash., won the 15th annual National Geographic Bee on Wednesday.

Hey, the third place winner is from Hubertus, WI. I know where Hubertus is. I've even been there.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter