Thursday, May 22, 2003

But, my mama done told me.
In the course of encouraging my gardening skills. Worms don’t ‘suffer.’ If you cut them just right, you can have two viable friends to aerate the garden. No need to pack in the trowel and call it a day just because you’ve hit a worm.

Some well-meaning Norwegians confuse fishing with the encouragement of animal torture.

Concerns about fish feeling pain and the impaling of worms has prompted a Norwegian animal-rights group to protest a project that will donate 40,000 fishing poles to elementary schools in the Scandinavian country.

The rights group insists "Fishing Pole Project 2003," an expansion of a popular program run last year, also should consider the worms.

"We can't rule out that worms feel pain," said Relling. "I also doubt that children think it is OK to thread a worm onto a hook."


They think it is OK. If I remember correctly. They think it’s gross, but they can get over it. If I can put a juicy nightcrawler on a hook, anyone can.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter