Sunday, February 02, 2003

Just Like Old Times
There was a time, some years ago, when Bridget was battling crippling migraines, depression, insomnia and some other assorted demons (plus the occassional nosebleed). She would come into my bedroom for solace and there were times even a mother's comfort couldn't help her to relax and get some sleep. But we had a stack of videos that would do the trick. Our fav's: The Thrill of It All, Please Don't Eat the Daisies, all three That's Entertainments and Woody Allen's Radio Days. I thought I had reached my toxic limit of Radio Days and haven't touched it in several years. Channel 11 showed it twice last night (some sort of Woody Allen theme night.) I had forgotten just how good a movie it is. I watched alone. Bridget is doing well and was out with friends. I was shocked at how much dialogue I could still recite. And it is a good movie when one wishes to ignore the horrors of the day.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter