Sunday, February 02, 2003

How Low Can They Go?
Bill White makes me feel quite blessed to have spent all of yesterday in an office with little access to the media. All I could do was work and pray. TV viewers (Fox, in this instance) were given the TMI (too much information) treatment.

When the media eye lingers too long and too closely, violating the human dignity of those involved in a tragedy, I am reminded of my mother’s prohibition against running up the street to gawk whenever an ambulance took someone away from the neighborhood rest home. All the other kids did. I wanted to, too. My mother said it wasn’t kind. She was right.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter