Saturday, January 11, 2003

The USPS creates a vacuum
Richards Blog has one more in a line of testatmonials to the pathetic workings of the USPS. I usually chide the children and ask them to use the word ‘suck’ only if they are referring to babies or vacuum cleaners. But this is an instance to make an exception. Why my approbation for Richard’s rant? It took over one and a half weeks for a first-class package to go from the northern suburbs of Chicago to northwestern Wisconsin - due east of Minneapolis/ St. Paul. This package contained my niece and nephew’s security blankets and a couple of pacifiers. I sent it first class to get it there in 2 to 3 days. It was not worth the $12.50 I was quoted to send them express mail. (My sister could have replaced them for that much.) I didn’t insure them - I had no proof of value. And having experience trying to get compensation from the post office for a piece of plaster statuary that I bought on eBay which broke in transit, the insurance does not offer much reassurance. How do you prove the value of used security blankets - they are both worthless and priceless.

Yes, I know the Postal Service does a huge, volume business. And quite a few individual employees are charming people to deal with. But........really.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter