Saturday, January 11, 2003

Thinking about the transsexual school chaperone.......
I was remembering a time in second or third grade when I stayed after school to rehearse for a show or something. My Dad picked me up on his way home from work. He was a technical artist/printer/photographer - pretty much a Renaissance man. Dad came to my school wearing khakis -pants and shirt, with a turltleneck underneath. I wanted to die. All the other fathers who stopped by were wearing suits and ties and my father was dressed suitably for a GAP ad in 1990's. I wasn't prescient - so I was just humiliated. At least he was dressed like a man. I can't imagine how upsetting it must be for a child to have to put up with a parent who is 'acting out.' Normal parents can seem unbearable when you are young.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter