Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Something to think about on the coldest day of the winter........
Jesus Gil has a load of interesting info re: Roundup use leads to wacky weeds? I have a few months to read and digest this. Rick always tends to be more cautious about chemical fixes for things - I, personally, like to grab a can of toxins and blast away. (Eliminating the cabbage worms from my ornamental kale with an old can of Rid [for cooties on furniture, etc.] was too much fun. The pleasure I took in watching those little demons writhe from the pyrethrin neuro-toxin was, to be honest, not good.) I didn’t use any herbicide in my little garden this past year. And then wondered what the glorious five foot tall ‘unusual’ plant was. It was pigweed - something my spouse was diagnosed as being dreadfully allergic to. The allergist never showed him a picture of the plant........so we just let it go until I decided there was something distinctly ominous going on and looked it up on the Miracle-Gro website. What’s so wrong with better living through chemistry? I’ll look into this.........

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter