Friday, December 13, 2002

Why Can’t I Find a Job Like This?
This is from the catalog of activities from the local community center:
Deeply relax with Yin Yoga asana and the soothing sounds of the crystal bowls and voice....Tension will ease as Marian’s angelic voice and singing crystal bowls gently calm you. No experience necessary.
The instructors: Tria K. is a certified Yoga instructor. Marian M. is an intuitive sound healer and professional singer.


I think this is the same Marian M. (full names not used to protect their dignity) that I went to college with. She did have a lovely voice. But intuitive sound healer? With singing crystal bowls? We have degrees from the same institution. And I’m eeking out a small income stuffing envelopes and answering phones.

I do think I am good at my job. (And doing an OK job at home, too) And I am of a genuine service to those who come in to the rectory. So I can hold my head up when I discuss my career choices. But ‘intuitive sound healer with singing crystal bowls’ just has that je ne sais quoi.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter