Friday, December 13, 2002

Well!!!
I just saw Chicago’s official Lucia girl and she doesn’t look very Swedish to me.
Last year I suggested to the Irish Princess that she enter the St. Lucia competition, since she was still griping that she didn’t win the Irish Princess competition because she didn’t ‘look’ Irish. I suppose she’s right - she does look a lot like her Swedish grandmother. But she’ll always be my Irish Princess!

Due to my one Patsy Ramsey-ish moment, Bridget is forever traumatized and vows never to enter any type of pagaent, competition etc. She was 17 when she entered the St. Patrick’s competition and I just suggested it. I didn’t force her. Of course, if I had started grooming her when she was 2.....hmmmm?

No, there’s no way she’s going to wear a crown of candles on her head and sing an Italian song in Swedish. I just know that.

Embot did a professional Santa Lucia stint about 10 years ago. Electric candles, but she looked marvelous..........So where are you this morning, Em. You’re the oldest. You should be gliding through the house singing (and you can carry a tune, unlike you-know-who), passing out little buns and cups of glog.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter