Monday, December 02, 2002

Helpful Hint!
This is purely my innovation. NB - Not endorsed by the ALA, the Bookbinders of America, The Catholic Book Publishing Co. and/or the makers of Shoe Goo.

Somewhat less than a year ago, I made a mental note to ask Emily to bring home her book repair supplies and fix the cover that is coming off of my Vol. 1 of the LOTH. Ooops. I forgot. The pages are still nicely bound, it is the cover that has totally come away from the book. So, though long past the point of a stitch in time, I decided to stop the damage in its tracks. Now what would be impervious to moisture, durable yet flexible and right here in my home? (It’s snowing beautifully, and I wish not to drive.) Eureka! Shoe Goo. It works. I don’t think it will do damage to the pages - at least the tube had no warning like DO NOT USE THIS TO GLUE A COVER TO A PRAYER BOOK. So it must be OK, right?

Note to Em: If this is going to permanently eat through the whole volume, please let me know so I can try to undo it or start saving for a replacement.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter