Sunday, December 01, 2002

Fun!!!
While I was lamenting Christmas advertising that vexes me (cough, Jaguar, cough, cough), I forgot to mention some of my favorites. One I haven’t seen for a few years (wish I had recorded it) was a surrealistic ad for Chanel No. 5 accompanied by the Inkspots singing I Don’t Want to Set the World on Fire.
This is just on of the fun nuggets of advertising meets music listed on the Music from TV Commercials site. Thanks to a link from Just Your Average Catholic Guy.

This site even tells where to find the tunes you must have. In a moment of wild abandon last year, I did buy Nick Drake’s Pink Moon simply on the basis of the VW commercial. The whole album is good - which was a relief, because I usually don’t make CD impulse purchases. Maybe I’ll track down the Inkspots next. Then get a small bottle of Chanel No. 5......Just a tiny bottle, because my mother wore Chanel No. 5 and wearing it would seem like I was trying to be her. Well, I could stand to be more like her, but the Chanel is probably not where I need to start.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter