Monday, December 02, 2002

Crap Shack, Baaaby
So timely to find this while reading T.S. O’Rama.....
I was stunned to see Eve Tushnet's quotation of Daffy Duck: "I'm not like other people. I can't stand pain. It hurts me."

Is there nothing new under the sun? In 8th grade a friend and I had come up with a line we thought startingly original: "I don't like pain. It hurts!".


Chuck thinks we should sue Fox TV (right now I’m wrestling with admitting we were watching Fox!) because Bart referred to the Simpson home as a ‘crap shack.’ The fine people of my family are under the impression that they live in the original crap shack. This was a term that evolved and stuck - probably because I use it at least once a day - when our pater phoned home from a business trip and told the kids that he met some people for dinner at Joe’s Crab Shack. Eddie misunderstood and asked, “What kind of restaurant is called a crap shack?” There are times when crap shack is an apt term. Especially for the room of some young fellows and maybe, even, their Dad’s home office. Clean up time is usually accompanied by a rendition of our own lovely parody of the B-52’s Love Shack.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter