Saturday, November 16, 2002

You got trouble my friend......

trouble, with a capital T, and that rhymes with D, and that stands for Decision.
Channel 11 (PBS in Chicago) has Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
Pax TV has The Music Man.



The Music Man is probably the best all-around musical of all time. (Yes, even beating out Anything Goes.) I don't think I've ever seen all of Seven Brides. I can't even think of a song from the show. But it might be interesting to watch. We read in our Latin book that this just one in a long line of works of art based on the rape of the Sabine women. I've seen the paintings. I know the story. But working this in with singing/dancing lumberjacks (they are lumberjacks, right?) might be too much of a stretch. We'll see.



Mr. Potato Head is 50!

The TV just had a tribute to Mr. Potato Head. I remember when Mr Potato Head was a kit of of little pieces on sharp pin-like protrusions that we had to poke into real potatoes. They would get a little mushy after a while - but unlike the choke-proof, sanitary toy of today, a child really had an original piece of work every time he played with it. You just couldn't become too attached to any particular Mister.



Now......

I'm turning off the TV. When I start getting cynical, it's time to pull the plug. Harley Earle just came on and said he came back to build me a really great car. And I told Mr. Earle to tell my father to come back and buy it for me.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter