Monday, November 18, 2002

What to do now?
I worked like crazy today to get things under control because I thought I was going in to work tomorrow. Tonight I found out that they won’t be needing me tomorrow morning, which had me disappointed because I had already planned what the boys would be doing with Dad while I was out. Plus I would be out of the house for the sturm und drang I expect will accompany the installation of a new kitchen sink and faucet. (This whole thing started with just a little drip.......now it is a cascade) So I calmed myself down, made peace with the fact that my pay check would be a bit smaller, and decided to use the time tomorrow to catch up with the school work that we are always a little behind in. Plus the boys could watch the sink installation and learn some home type skills. (And, let us hope, no new words from Daddy and Grandpa) Well, by the time I got home from work, I found out that the sink won’t be installed until Thursday. I must start turning it off underneath. Our water bill is going to be outrageous and the drip-drip-drip is pushing the more sensitive family members to the limits of their sanity.

And in the department of drip-drip-drip, Em called me at church tonight to remind me to hustle the kids out during the very early morning (i.e. 4:00am) hours to see the Leonid meteor showers. If the weather persists, the only showers we’ll see are of the watery variety. I’m sure I’ll wake up early anyway, so I must look out the window to see if things have cleared up. Would hate to miss a golden opportunity.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter