Tuesday, November 19, 2002

RIP
Film star James Coburn dies at 74
Sad news.
Decent obituary. Though it didn’t mention The President’s Analyst - one of our all time favorites. ( It’s kind of dated and ‘sixties-ish’ yet still so true - isn’t the phone company still a major evil?)

I’ve been told........
by some family members and travelling companions that I snore at times. Moi? A delicate flower such as myself? (Well, that might explain why I slept like a baby almost the whole way to Paris, woke up over the English Channel and noticed many haggard, unhappy faces as I traipsed back to the loo to freshen up. And, while in Paris, I would awaken with my sister pounding a pillow on my head and hissing, “cut it out.” Oh, my. C’est la vie......)
Now I read this article Brain damage link to snoring

Our findings suggest this sleep apnea is a pre-existing condition - that abnormal brain wiring from childhood contributes to the onset of the disorder in adulthood," Harper said.

Harper said obstructive sleep apnea patients often display other traits that suggest subtle brain damage, including problems with memory, thought and motor skills.

"The repeated oxygen loss from sleep apnea may damage other brain structures that regulate memory and thinking," he said.


So lots of us are just congenitally determined to be vocal sleepers? Now I’m going to obsess about this everytime I can’t remember the exact word I want to use. Of course, if I show it to Rick, he’ll take it as carte blanche permission to misplace his car keys, shoes, whatever.

Ted Nugent?
I don’t really like his music and I disagree with him ideologically in many ways, but........if I lived in Michigan, I might be tempted.......
If some Michigan residents have their way, Ted Nugent will be running for governor of the state in 2006.

Following the recent election of Jennifer Granholm as Michigan governor, radio station WOOD-AM in Grand Rapids asked its listeners who they'd like to see oppose her in four years. The survey is still going on, but Nugent has been named in about 90 percent of the responses every day, beating out others such as speaker of the Michigan House Rick Johnson and former Lieutenant Governor Dick Posthumus.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter