Sunday, June 02, 2013

Memento Mori

Memento Mori...*
Not exactly what I expected when I came home this afternoon.  A gift for Fran from a friend who is a gifted woodworker.  I've never understood people who would actually go out of their way to purchase a coffin for a dog or a plot in a pet cemetery; but as a gift for someone who is going through crazy times compounded by the loss of her dog, I think it is a lovely thing.

Now to  move along and get Cody to her final resting place - not so much because I mind having a coffin in my living room, but because I don't want to see it used as a coffee table or a place to stash miscellanea.  A clear horizontal surface doesn't stay clear for long.  

The weather forecast looks good, so I think we can muster the gravediggers and get to work.

*...and please don't leave junk mail, stray laundry, and coffee cups on the dog's coffin.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter