I had no idea...
There's a word for people like us.
Freegans : people who employ alternative strategies for living based on limited participation in the conventional economy and minimal consumption of resources. Freegans embrace community, generosity, social concern, freedom, cooperation, and sharing in opposition to a society based on materialism, moral apathy, competition, conformity, and greed.
Well, sort of. I don't mind that a lot of our furniture has a colorful provenance. (I felt careless and profligate when we actually bought a couch from the Salvation Army. I felt even better when that couch was deteriorating and we found a better couch on the curb in front of a neighbor's house. That couch is worse for the wear and it's time to start scouting around for a replacement...)
Here's where we draw the line. No dumpster food. We aren't that hard up - for food or for a way to stick it to the man.
And no previously worn unergarments.
Tuesday
8 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment