Monday, March 03, 2003

Pleh!
My sister can write backwards. The schools never accepted her work in a creative form.....

The teenager's essay began: "My smmr hols wr CWOT. B4, we usd 2go2 NY 2C my bro, his GF & thr 3 :- kds FTF. ILNY, it's a gr8 plc."

The 13-year-old girl submitted the essay to a teacher in a state secondary school in the west of Scotland and explained that she found it "easier than standard English".

Her teacher, who asked not to be named, said: "I could not believe what I was seeing. The page was riddled with hieroglyphics, many of which I simply could not translate."


Why did the teacher ask that she not be named? Was she ashamed to have such dreadful students or was she ashamed that she couldn’t decipher the ‘code?’

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter