Saturday, February 22, 2003

Snap Out of It
I knew the answer would come to me. Sitting here typing and watching “Moonstruck” (with one hand close to the remote because it is on Oxygen and one never knows when they’ll sneak in an ad for that grotesque sex show with the vulgar crone)along comes the answer to the streaky wall that looks so dreadful in the late afternoon light - OPERA POSTER! I have a great Turandot poster that is brightening up the laundry room door. We must find a frame and move it up to the family room. Very bright and invigorating. (I tried a Google image search, but couldn’t find it. Trust me - it’s bright!)

The reason we have a blank wall space is because I had to move the map of some English county (Hampshire?) to the living room to cover the marks in the wall left by the rearrangement of my shelves. The conspiracy theorist in me believes that the large shelf was moved out of the dining room, and the little shelves moved in, to discourage me from using the large shelf to hang Latin prayers. ‘They’ may have won this one - but they’ll be surprised when the Stations of the Cross tableaux reappears during Lent. I’ve already done the mental rearrangement.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter