Saturday, October 19, 2002

You’d never see this in my neighborhood........
Gerard has posted a beautiful picture of a procession thru central Lima, Peru. I wish things like this happened in our neighborhood.

Too bad I didn’t know about this a few weeks ago. It would have made for interesting conversation when I was privileged to meet the auxiliary bishop of Lima. Naturally I was tongue-tied and terrified of saying something stupid. (At work, too, my IQ goes into remission when a bishop or the Cardinal calls) My sister had also planted a bad idea in my head (we do like to do that to each other) and told me to make sure to ask if he had ever met Paddington Bear. So fighting that thought was my obsession for the evening. The bishop was charming and kind and obviously well practiced at dealing with the temporarily dumbstruck.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter