Monday, October 14, 2002

Back to the Trib....
Things have been pretty busy around here and I decided I could go without the Chicago Tribune some days and save big money in fifty cent increments. It looks like I’ve missed out on some fun. According to the letters the other day, the October 1 edition had another piece by or about disgruntled women who want ordination to the Roman Catholic priesthood. What is the Tribune’s interest in this anyway? Why not an endless series of op-ed pieces by sedevacantists proclaiming why John Paul II is not really the Pope? Or would that be at cross purposes with the unhappy writers who need the Pope to blame for their problems....

More about the Trib later. There is an interesting article on page 1 about parental complicity in the ever increasing absence rates at Illinois schools. I would love to link to this article but I’ve forgotten my ‘user name’ or password. The article did mention the necessity of having bodies in desks in order to receive state and/or federal monies. I’m glad someone was honest enought to mention that. Schools have not always been too concerned with the education my children were receiving, but were very concerned with their ‘showing up.’

Nostalgic moment: When I was in high school, there was no necessity for parents to call in to announce an absence. Just a note upon our return. When we reached the age of eighteen, we were considered responsible for ourselves and could write our own excuses. I just loved writing, “please excuse me, I was unwell yesterday.”

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter