Sunday, April 19, 2015

Feeling Almost Like Spring

I keep expecting that days will come when I feel like myself again.  It's been a long, strange year and a half and I still feel like I've had the rug pulled out from under me.  (Not the real rug, good heavens, at least I still have the rug. And as the Dude says, "it really pulls the room together", no matter where we have landed!)

Living near Chicago can make for the cultivation of an interesting wardrobe, since one needs clothes that work from -20 F. all the way up to well over 100.  It can be a pain, but it keeps life interesting.  Just when the closet feels filled with old, boring clothes we pack them away to sit just long enough that they'll feel like a new wardrobe when they come back out.  This year I feel extra blessed!  A bunch of my summer clothes were in storage last year and couldn't be found.  I was so pleased when my things were found (along with some of my favorite art books!) at the very back of the storage locker a few weeks ago.  It was like getting a shipment of custom designed spring clothes; just my size, perfectly suited to my taste.  It helped me to feel more normal . . . and just in time for the long over-due warmer weather. 

I noticed that the Vermont Country Store is selling my favorite Watercolor Dress again.  I would certainly recommend it as an investment for anyone who likes spring colors.  But mine - after some 18 months packed away - is the best.  It feels like spring.  It feels like normal!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter