Friday, May 24, 2013

Fudg -SICLE.  Is that so difficult?
Irritations....
While keeping the meaning of Memorial Day in mind, I am also so enthused just to have a three day week-end.  I had the chance to travel to the north woods to see my sister, but I am just too far behind in daily life to take three days for fun.  Three days for sleep sounds more like it. The happy graduation events of last week-end, which I haven't even had time to distill here yet, took way too much out of me.

 And, of course,  the "Arrested Development - 4" release - that is something I've been looking forward to. Time with the Bluth family will make my family.....look a little more normal

Maybe I can come back to everything more refreshed. Less irritable.

For example, I ran to Dominick's last night to find something for dinner. (if I lived alone I would gladly dine on Cheerios or popcorn)  At the end of a long day I was ready to serve a big bowl of "I Really Don't Care".  While chasing down some easy dinner stuff, I overheard someone in the frozen food aisle say, "Fudgicle."  Like nails on a blackboard.  Oh, how I wanted to scream, "It's Fudgsicle....Fudg-sicle!  What is wrong with you people???"  I don't even like Fudgsicles, so I don't know why it bothers me so much.

I tried to read a "new" book at bed time....M: The Man Who Became Caravaggio but my eyes were so tired I couldn't read more than a line or two without drifting off into some sort of dream state - not awake/not asleep.  And in the back of my mind was that damned word:  Fudgicle.

That is why I need an unstructured three day week-end.  (And I'm staying away from the frozen food aisle just to be safe.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter