Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam

Habemus Papam
We have a pope!!!
I guess if I couldn't be in St. Peter's Square, being with friends at work and watching the events unfold on widescreen TV was the next best thing.  Opening the windows to hear our own bells peal!  A quick toast!  (some people haven't forgotten the old college technique of pushing the cork in the bottle)  And then back to work.  The Holy Father may have wished the people of Rome a good night - but those of us on U.S. Central Daylight Savings time have to get back to work.  His work, so to speak.

But what a day to remember!  I wish I had dressed better as I still  remember what I was wearing the day of our jubilation when Benedict XVI was elected. 

A joyful day. ..... vobis gaudium magnum:  Habemus Papam

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter