Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Have You Seen Your Brother...


Have you seen your brother, baby, standing in the shadow...

The Stones tweak my conscience again.  I'm still sorrowful over my failure to do more (more?  really?  let's say anything) for that man in Dominick's parking lot last night)  This is Lent - giving alms is one of the obligations of Lent.  My brother was standing in front of me and I did nothing.  Ruminations make me look back and realize he didn't have a really good story with precise details. I have learned the intricately detailed tale of woe is often the mark of the scammer. (Any Rev. watchers might think of Mick, the crackhead who always had a good story)  So, I pump up the tunes on the way to work (having not given up music for Lent this year) and the Stones pop up with the immediately recognizable "Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?".  Yeah, I remember when that song was new.  But I kept hearing brother instead of mother - brother is in there once but brother was all I heard.  I saw my brother and did nothing.  And I think I'll keep seeing him standing in the shadow for quite a while.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter