Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ecce sacerdos magnus....

Not easy getting a pic with my phone
The Big Day arrived.  So much work put into Cardinal George visiting our Parish.  It all went well - and last week was all about playing catch up.  I didn't even have time to look at my phone pics and see how disappointing they were.  (Maybe trying to be discreet and not look like a teen One Direction stalker kept me from getting optimal shots)  Given the Cardinal's health problems and compromised immunity, I wasn't expecting any type of meet and greet.  But when he was walking toward me after the church had cleared out and extended his hand, what could I do but shake it.  And go rather speechless, sort of like teen-me would have been had I met one of the Beatles.  But that's a good thing.  Better that than making some smart crack about waiting 11 years to be 'employee of the month'.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter