Saturday, September 17, 2011

Last Week-End...
was a disaster that resulted in an ER visit and trips through 3 separate dental offices.  I have little more to say than I am extremely thankful to be alive during the age of 'modern' dentistry and medicine.  It's been said, somewhere, that when you look at crowd scenes in paintings of older times, there was a statistical likelihood of about half of the crowd suffering from some sort of dental pain.  Makes one amazed that the human race even survived.

On the other hand, spending Monday and Tuesday too incapacitated to read and in need of easy distraction - i.e. at the mercy of daytime television - I realized how civilization has deteriorated.  I remember when a sick day or bad weather meant watching TV that grown-ups would tsk at.  Popeye cartoons, I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith and Dick van Dyke reruns, Let's Make a Deal, Family Feud.  Pretty high class fare when compared to Dr. Phil, Jerry Springer, Maury Povich. The skeezy decline of primetime pales in comparison.  Lost remote control; too tired to get up and turn it off; hoping someone would walk by and hear my pleas to, "Make it stop!"  Make it stop - and I didn't mean the pain in my jaw.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter