Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Making Progress...
I think. Took a vacation day to get caught up on some stuff.  Wound up going in to work for an hour before and after a funeral.  I had an email last night requesting that I perform a small task and I decided it was easier just to show up and do it rather than try to delegate it or write a lengthy email back explaining about how I really, really needed some time off and could I maybe do it Friday.  And I was going up to church for the funeral anyway.

Went out to lunch with Eddie.

Went to the DMV to renew my driver's license.  Which expired on 3/1.  I was getting a little too comfortable with the adrenaline rush of knowing that I was driving 'illegally.'  I am planning a jaunt to Wisconsin to see my high school girlfriends, so I decided it might not be wise to leave the state without a valid license.  The people at the DMV weren't particularly impressed when I turned myself in.  Only two months?  No big deal.  The picture was, as usual, the worst part.  It took 4 tries before we got one in which I was not blinking.  Wearing my black dress and my Sunday-go-to-meeting pearls easily made me the best dressed person at the DMV.  (And that, dear friends, is a sad commentary on the way the people of Illinois dress.  When I have the most gravitas, well, tsk tsk.)  Now if I could only sit for a portrait without scrunching up my eyes.

Got home in time to see Fran's final humanities presentation on Salvador Dali one last perfectly polished time.  I may be the one with the art history credentials - but Fran taught me a lot.  She has always been a Dali fan, but my knowledge was cursory.  (I did beg not to have to watch Un Chien Andalou one more time.  Once in a lifetime is enough.  She wisely kept the video excerpt for the end - no sense in having your classmates run out of the classroom to vomit.)

Taking a break from a book I am trying to review.  I read it so long ago I need to skim through it again just to remember what I want to say.

No time for WalMart.  We're out of a lot of stuff, but that will just have to wait.  And that's OK.  For a day off - I've done enough.

And, oddly apropos as the Dali study draws to a close...
At Easter dinner, my sister-in-law was talking about a website that her godson helped to develop:
Paula Deen Riding Things.  This was just one of the things that I found when I checked it out:


Strange...the things that I find hilarious.

And how about Paula taking the Holy Father on a butter run...
Mmmm, maybe it's time to get back to work.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter