Monday, January 18, 2010

We may have tapped this out...
but there's always gifts needed for young parents. Fifty Dangerous Things looks interesting. I may even put it on my list for educational book purchases this spring. It's cheaper new than used. [My cynicism leads me to wonder if blood splatter affects resale value.]

Glue your fingers together? Doesn't anyone sew their fingers together anymore? That was never my specialty; I was in awe of friends who would do that. [Not so much in awe the night I was a lone Brownie Scout leader directing the production of Christmas ornaments and heard, "Mrs. von Huben, look what XXXX did to her fingers." What can a leader do? Instruct the offender to cut and remove the threads and scrub her hands. Hard. And with lots of soap.

It was after this that I decided to endow my own chair in the Dept. of Applied Bad Thinking at St. Benedict's Homeschool. Many lessons have been learned.]

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter