Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Edward was Edward before Edward was in...*
Someday, decades from now, Eddie may have a grandchild who misconstrues the backstory on his name. The prediction is the Edward is going to be very big...as a name, that is. Edward is about to become the Jason, Joshua, Jeremy and Jennifer of a new generation.

I'm not the only person who has noticed an increase in the latitude people have when deciding the spelling of their children's names. ("Parents like the sound of traditional names, but they also want to show the individuality of their children.") I do not wish to appear too critical given my given name, but . . . well, our last name was Smith, so I cut my parents some slack. (Could be worse. How about "LN?")

*Emily, you're big, too, But you were cutting edge when you were born!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter