Wednesday, December 30, 2009

But What if I have an Emergency?
I purchased The Emergency Gift Book to take as my present for my work Christmas party gift exchange/vicious swap.* But it is so funny I don't want to part with it. (This happened a few years ago when I bought This Book Will Change Your Life, but luckily I was able to pick up a second copy at half price. No, actually a third copy, since I found my 'gift' so amusing that I immediately purchased a copy for my sister.)

I should want to share the funny, right? But now I'm not feeling it. Maybe we need to make a trip to Half-Price Books over the week-end. Just in case they have it. [And Fran constructed my new bookshelf while I was out...so there's a little wiggle room for one more book.** Let's just hope no one sits on the book shelf. Why would I even worry about such a possibility? A visiting acquaintance sat on our shoe shelf the other evening. It is now in two pieces on top of the garbage cans. Ooops.]

*January 8 - When you work for the Church there's little time to party until "it's a wrap."

**UPDATE: Talk about wiggle room- my sister just mentioned that she found 3 8 ft. bookcases on craigslist. For $25 a piece.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter