Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Obese Baby Denied Health Insurance
I'm glad no bureaucratic entity 'weighed in' on my baby Edward - who had quadrupled his 8 lb. 15 oz. birth weight (let's just call it 9 lbs., okay?) by six months. The doctor wasn't worried, "Trust me, his growth will taper off. I don't worry about roly-poly breastfed babies, so you shouldn't either." And the doctor was right. We didn't have to wheel him on to the Maury Povich show. Really. In fact, once he reached about forty pounds, he stayed at the weight for a long, long time.

Why don't I feel that "health care reform" will help this sort of situation?

1 comment:

BettyDuffy said...

I had a thirty plus pound six month old too. Pure breastmilk. My Grandma nearly had a stroke about it. Cut out articles from the newspaper for me on childhood obesity. Now he's skin and bones.


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter