Thursday, August 20, 2009

You are Stronger than You Know
Or so Oprah told me as I was standing in line at the supermarket. A lot of these fascinating facts escape me since I've started using the self-checkout line. But since today was a 'float a check' day, we had to visit the traditional lane. Maybe that was for the best. Not feeling all that 'strong,' the automated nagging voice that reminds one to put groceries in cart, grab change (from two separate - cash and coin - orifices) and receipt, might have pushed me over the brink.

Today had no particular crises, but the phone (at work) rang. And rang. (Which is really more of an extremely annoying electronic warble - so it's twice as irritating.) So Dominick's was just the last bit of sensory overload. And when I'm irritable, Oprah's irritating qualities increase exponentially. The simple existence of her eponymous magazine is irritating.

I wanted to shout like some indignant Jerry Springer guest, "You don't know me. You don't know me." Oh, well. As my father might have said, "What do you mean - I bathed this morning." Or maybe it was You Are Stranger than You Know. She might have a point there: What hasn't killed me has made me stranger.





No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter