Tuesday, June 02, 2009

"Laodicean"
I think there is a term to describe when this happens...I watch the Spelling Bee on Thursday night and now I've run across "Laodicean" several times*. In print. When I hear it used in conversation my week will be complete. And I see no reason why it couldn't happen. Call me...report your Laodicean relatives.

La·od·i·ce·an
adj.1. Of or relating to Laodicea.
2. Indifferent or lukewarm especially in matters of religion.


*outside of the 10,000 times it has been used in Spelling Bee articles.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter