Thursday, January 08, 2009

"My tears are not for him—for he knew, all his life, that his Redeemer lives, and he has now been gathered by the Lord in whom he trusted."*
Rest in peace, Fr. Neuhaus.

*Joseph Bottum says it better than I can.

I'd best attend to my soul if I wish to meet and thank my heroes. First Cardinal Dulles; now Fr. Neuhaus. Yes, I wish I could thank Fr. Neuhaus for his brilliance, his faith-filled, witty brilliance. How his Death on a Friday Afternoon, a Lenten staple of mine for the past several years, was such a tremendous consolation for me the year of the nasty hip pain/surgery during Easter week. How I would love to skip to the back of First Things. How his writing would make me think and smile.

I reread Born Toward Dying yesterday afternoon... Apt. As Fr. said, the mortality rate holds steady at 100 percent.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter